The Knoxville TPO wants your feedback on the amended FY2017-2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)!
The amendment will add over 30 new transportation projects and studies as well as update existing projects consistent with the Mobility Plan 2040, the Knoxville Region’s Long Range Transportation Plan.
Both the Mobility Plan 2040 and the TIP guide transportation investments in our region. The Mobility Plan 2040 lays out a vision of what the transportation system will look like in the future. It includes all of the transportation projects that will be funded and scheduled over the next 20+ years. The TIP is a shorter-range plan which includes all of the transportation projects that will be funded, designed, and built over the next four years. The FY2017-2020 TIP prioritizes roughly $549 million for improvements to roadways, bridges, transit systems, and bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
Where can I find the TIP?
- View and download the amended FY2017-2020 TIP here: knoxtrans.org/tip
- Hard copies are available for review at the TPO offices at 400 Main St., Suite 403, Knoxville, TN.
How can I give feedback on the TIP?
- Contact Elizabeth Watkins via email at email@example.com or by phone at 865-215-3825.
- Attend the Technical Committee meeting at 9:00am on April 11th in the Small Assembly Room of the City County Building (400 Main Street, Knoxville, TN).
- Attend the Executive Board meeting at 9:00am on April 26th in the Small Assembly Room of the City County Building (400 Main Street, Knoxville, TN).