American Recovery & Reinvestment Act 2009
The President signed the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 into law on Tuesday, February 17, 2009.
KNOXVILLE AREA ARRA FUNDS
The Knoxville region has been allocated approximately $12.6 million in ARRA funds for transportation related projects. The TPO Board approved the list of projects as of January 22, 2010. (List updated May 3, 2010.)
TDOT ARRA UPDATES
- TDOT Recovery Reports
- Letter from Govenor Bredesen, October 9, 2009
- TDOT Obligates 100% of Recovery Act Funds, February 17, 2010
ARRA RESOURCE LINKS
- TPO Summary of Reporting Requirements (updated 2/18/09, 10 am)
- FHWA Forms and Guidance
- FTA Forms and Guidance
- U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Reporting Requirements
Resources for Local Governments:
- Project eligibility (updated 2/18/09, 10 am)
- Checklist for ARRA Funding Eligibility (updated 3/16/09, 2:25 pm)
- Local Agency/Government Guidelines (updated 3-16-09, 2:25 pm)
TDOT Office of Local Programs has developed a manual for local governments and agencies to use in the management of Federal or State-funded transportation projects.
- TDOT Local Programs Office
- Title 23 Refresher
- TDOT's Recovery
- TDOT Guidance for Bundled ARRA Projects
- USDOT Recovery
Other Important Resources:
To learn more about The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 or track how money is being distributed: http://www.recovery.gov/
- Link directly to Act
- The Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) prepared a list of potential projects the in anticipation of a possible stimulus package. For more information see: http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/recovery/
- Federal Highways Administration
- National Association of Regional Councils
- Federal Transit Administration
- AMPO Funding Summary
For more information please contact Amy Brooks or Jeff Welch at (865) 215-2500.
The TPO will be updating this page with the most current information regarding the federal economic stimulus and its impact on transportation infrastructure and programs in the Knoxville region. Please check back often.